Monday, July 23, 2007

Google vs Yahoo

A friend of mine has been a blogger for quite sometime now. His current blog is Epistles and he has managed to maintain several blogs simultaneously. When I try to compare his blog to mine, I tend to think of them as Google vs Yahoo, his being Yahoo. His posts are relatively longer and tend to keep the readers at his site for a longer time. Yahoo too, wants its visitors to hang around its sites for longer time. My blog, like Google, will keep the readers for a much shorter duration (that is if I happen to have any readers at all ;-) ), taking them to the links that I provide. Other than this and the fact that Yahoo is an older corporation than Google, I see not much to relate the two blogs to the search engines.
B.T.W, he got recruited at Yahoo recently. Congrats Sharath.

No comments: